There is never a typical day at Jaaims, but that’s why we love it here! This is an extraordinary opportunity to build a rewarding career in a fast paced and innovative environment, working with a highly collaborative group of individuals where your talents are nurtured in an inclusive culture that values diversity. If you have no respect for the status quo and you’re a round peg in a square hole please read on, this life changing opportunity might be for you!
With our company positioned for rapid growth, we are seeking a Head of Research (Quantitative) to lead our research division. The successful candidate will play an integral role in our algorithm development and macro strategy analysis (economics, cross asset strategy, quantitative etc) across multiple asset classes and markets. The role will require a mix of high-level quantitative thinking, content creation, regular client interaction and media engagements with major broadcasters.
Position Title: Head of Research (Quantitative)
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Dotted Line: Chief Marketing Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, Australia
Salary Range: AUD$160,000 > AUD$200,000 + Bonus
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Author investor insight research, AI insights and other targeted content for our client base and the broader industry.
- Respond to inbound client requests.
- Provide coverage of economic events, data, policy moves etc. including media comments and
- TV interviews.
- Participate in Jaaims sponsored events, product launches and industry nights.
- Work with our marketing teams in formulating and implementing content strategies which align with achieving our global objectives and outcomes.
- Develop regular, high-quality research on macro themes, economic developments, cross asset strategy leveraging our AI insights.
- Develop actionable equity investment ideas for clients using Jaaims.
- Provide regular insights to our algorithm team to develop trade ideas and help improve algorithm performance.
- Have a passion for learning, embracing, and understanding new investing technologies including AI & ML, decentralized environments (web3) and Quantum computing concepts.
- Provide guidance in implementing processes and structures to ensure an effective global research team.
- Provide regular feedback to management about the role, our clients and suggest ways to improve our client engagement
- Able to adhere to strict compliance policies in line with our financial services obligations.
- Collaborate with other business units to achieve company goals.
Accountability & Performance Measures
- Duties completed within agreed time frames, to accurately meet requirements and consistent with company policies and procedures as applicable.
- Able to provide concise and well thought out content with a high regard for integrity and accuracy.
- Positive Team Behaviours: Respect, trust, honesty, engagement, determination, collaboration, passion, initiative, stretch, transparency, creativity/innovation, continuous improvement, swarm/hovering behaviour.
- Individual Behaviours: Knowledge sharing, nurturing others, providing opportunities for team members, reaching out, challenges/supports others and being a good cultural fit
Qualifications, Aptitude & Knowledge
- The successful candidate shall be an energetic, effective, self-starter with strong verbal and written communication skills who is able to excel in a high-pressure environment.
- At least seven years’ experience in the financial services sector specialising in quantitative and macro analysis roles for a mid-level+ investment research firm.
- Present complicated data and concepts clearly to a broad audience including retail investors.
- Possess strong mathematical skills and are able to quickly digest and make decisions from data.
- Previous supervision and motivation of a team of staff
- Microsoft Office skills and high-level computer literacy.
- Excellent communication and listening skills (written and oral).
- Media training highly regarded but not essential, however must be confident to deliver insights across live television.
Location, hours and travel
- Work from our brand-new office in Surry Hills.
- Domestic and International travel required.
- Flexible about hours of work and willing to occasionally work unusual hours when required.
- Full-time employment hours apply.