There is never a typical day at Jaaims, but that’s why we love it here! This is an extraordinary opportunity to build a rewarding career in a fast paced and innovative environment, working with a highly collaborative group of individuals where your talents are nurtured in an inclusive culture that values diversity. If you have no respect for the status quo and you’re a round peg in a square hole please read on, this life changing opportunity might be for you!
With our company positioned for rapid growth, we are seeking a Chief Operations Officer (COO) to work closely with our Founder and CEO in delivering the company strategy and vision. This hands-on role will begin by leading our Australian operation with the aim to transition into a global function, being responsible for the performance of our international teams as we expand into new markets. Our ideal candidate will have extensive experience within the financial services industry, experienced at managing cross-functional teams in an international environment and a strong leader who is ready to disrupt the status quo.
Position Title: Chief Operations Officer
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, Australia
Salary Range: $200,000 > $235,000 + Bonus
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with Jaaims corporate partners and stakeholders, maximising both financial and non-financial value.
- Participate in Jaaims sponsored events, product launches and industry nights.
- Network with other peer organisations to keep up to date with systems, processes, and best practice. Ensure own personal development through networking events, seminars and reading.
- Be the spokesperson for the brand including providing media comments and TV interviews sometimes at unusual hours and on short notice.
- Be involved in commercial negotiations with our supplier and corporate partners. Provide financial guidance to the company’s external teams when required.
- Ability to problem solve effectively and work with our customers, suppliers and partners in finding resolutions that benefit them as well as the business.
- Collaborate with the CEO in setting and driving organisational vision, operational strategy, and cultural goals of the business.
- Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement organisation-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operating planning.
- Oversee company operations and employee productivity, building a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organisational outcomes are met.
- Ensure effective recruiting, onboarding, professional development, performance management, and retention.
- Be responsible for the business meeting its planned objectives including the financial and non-financial performances of our global business units.
- Adhere to company, federal, state, and local business requirements, enforcing compliance and taking action when necessary both locally and globally
- Analyse internal operations and identify areas of process enhancement.
- Develop actionable business strategies and plans that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term objectives developed in tandem with the CEO.
- Directly oversee operations, HR, and accounting, and partner with the CEO on sales.
- Management of budget for sufficient investment capital to achieve growth targets over the near term.
- Aggressively manage capital investment and expenses to ensure the company achieves investor targets relative to growth and profitability.
- Monitor performance with tracking and establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed reports, both current and forecasting.
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with key customers, clients, partners, and stakeholders.
Qualifications, Aptitude & Knowledge
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, both verbally and written and the ability to problem solve and to interact with a wide range of funding bodies and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, ideally majoring in a finance related field. Post-grad qualification highly regarded.
- 10+ year’s experience in a senior leadership position.
- Leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity.
- Understanding of advanced business planning and regulatory issues.
- A solid grasp of data analysis and performance metrics.
- Be able to diagnose problems quickly and have foresight into potential issues.
- Fundraising experience
- International business experience
Location, hours and travel
- Work from our brand-new office in Surry Hills.
- Domestic and International travel required.
- Flexible hours of work and willing to occasionally work unusual hours when required.
- Full-time employment.